Dukan Diet Recipes – Cheesy Ham Chicken Kiev
This recipe is a little more involved than a lot of the recipes that I use so I don’t use it that frequently but it is a great dinner party dish and if you fill your plate with vegetables your guests probably won’t notice that you’re on a diet. If one of my guests comment on the fact that I’ve not got any rice or potatoes on my plate I explain this away by saying that I find that cooking often takes away my appetite!!!!! When they see the dessert I serve up and tuck into all thoughts of me being on a diet disappear.
Cheesy Ham Chicken Kiev (1 serving)
I’ve provided the ingredients to make one serving so that you can easily scale up the quantities depending on how many servings you need.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of zero fat cream cheese
- 1 chicken breast (skinned and boned)
- 1 thin lean slice of ham
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped chives (or garlic)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Using a sharp knife, cut very carefully into the chicken breast to create a pocket for the stuffing.
- Mix the chives with the cream cheese and use this mixture to stuff your chicken breast. Don’t overfill or the filling will come out during cooking.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and wrap with the slice of ham making sure to cover the slit.
- Wrap the chicken tightly with foil and cook in a moderate oven for thirty minutes ( 180° C, 350° F or Gas Mark 4).
- Unwrap and finish under the grill using wooden cocktail sticks to keep the ham in place if needed. (Don’t forget to remove before serving!)