Dukan Diet Recipe – Herby Omelette
An omelette is another really simple dish to make and if you used only egg whites to make your omelette, you could eat as many omelettes as you wanted to. Having said that I’m not a great fan of just egg white omelette so I tend to make my omelette with one whole egg and one egg white. I also add a tablespoon of skim milk as I feel this makes a slightly lighter texture and adds a little more bulk. This is the same mix that I use for scrambled eggs.
I would expect that most people know how to make and cook an omelette but just in case I’ll give my recipe for Herby Omelette below. The photograph isn’t mine but just as in this photo I must admit that there have been occasions when the amount of herbs I’ve used looked more like a serving of vegetables.
The other great thing about omelettes is that they are so versatile, on PP days you can add ham to make a ham omelette, or cook them plain and use them as a wrap for shredded chicken breast or ham. On PV days you can then add any number of different vegetables to your omelette, my favorites are mushrooms and tomatoes or you can add some salad to your omelette wrap.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon of skim milk
- Chopped herbs of your choosing
- salt and pepper
- Beat the egg, egg white and milk in a small bowl.
- Add a little salt and pepper .
- If you prefer your herbs mixed into your omelette add them to the bowl and mix in. (You might want to save a small amount to use as a garnish.)
- Prepare your pan by heating and adding a few drops of oil which you wipe away with a piece of kitchen paper.
- Add the mix and cook until done to your liking. (I cook my omelette fairly slowly as I like a lightly cooked soft omelette.)
- Place your omelette on a plate and add your herbs or add your herbs in the pan and fold your omelette in half before putting on a plate.
On a PP day I don’t fold the omelette so it takes up more of the plate. On a PV day I do fold the omelette and have vegetables or salad on the other half of the plate.