Dukan Diet Recipe – Steak Au Poivre Dukan Style
Steak au poivre is a French dish so it seems only right that you should be able to enjoy this dish on the Dukan Diet. It does however need a few adjustments to make it suitable to eat on the Dukan Diet, no cognac and cream for a start! My favorite vegetable to accompany this dish when they are in season is asparagus spears.
Steak Au Poivre Dukan Style
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (about 8 ounces each and around an inch thick)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 or 4 tablespoons of skim milk
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 8 tablespoons of zero fat creme fraiche or fromage frais
- 2 tablespooon of black peppercorns
- Sea salt
- Take the steaks out of the refrigerator, season with salt and allow to stand for about half an hour before starting to cook.
- Put the peppercorns in a pestle and mortar and crush coarsely.
- Place the crushed peppercorns on a plate and press each side of the steak firmly into the peppercorns to coat.
- Dry fry the steaks in a non stick pan until done to your liking.
- Remove the steaks, wrap loosely with foil and put to one side to rest.
- Fry the onion until soft and at the same time gently heat the milk in a pan and whisk in the Dijon mustard.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the milk and creme fraiche or fromage frais.
- When mixed together return the pan to the heat and heat gently over a low heat until warmed through.
- Put the steak on the plates, pour over the sauce and serve immediately.