Dukan Diet Recipes – Pan Fried Trout with Lemon & Bay Leaf
This is one of my favorite trout recipes and apart from tasting great, it is a simple recipe that only has a handful of ingredients which you cook in one pan.
Bay leaves and lemon are both very aromatic and their flavors combine to balance each other and complement many different seafood apart from trout. Lemons are a very good source of Vitamin C but also contain useful amounts of various Vitamins B, iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium.
Pan Fried Trout with Lemon & Bay Leaf
- 1 Trout
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Bay leaf
- A little salt and pepper
- Clean and gut your trout but leave it whole, removing the head if preferred.
- Cut three slices from the middle of the lemon and put them to one side.
- Squeeze the lemon juice from the remaining parts of the lemon into the cavity and over the fish.
- Cut one lemon slice in half and place both halves in the cavity of the fish with the bay leaf.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and dry fry in a pan until cooked through, turning half way.
- Use the remaining slices of lemon as a garnish when serving.
Handy hint –
Don’t forget to allow your lemon to come to room temperature before squeezing to extract the juice, as this gives you more juice.