DIY Weight Loss Using the Dukan Diet
I think that the Dukan Diet is a great diet to follow if you are trying to lose weight by yourself and the publication “The U S Weight Loss and Diet Control Market (11th edition)” recently released by Marketdata Enterprises, Inc. provided some very interesting findings about DIY dieters.
- America has approximately 75 million dieters and around 60 million, or 80% of these people are trying to lose weight by themselves.
- This DIY section of the market has increased by 10% from the normal figure of 70% to 80% due to the downturn in the economy.
- This downturn in the economy has also meant an increase in what the publication calls “frugal dieters” and “value diets”.
- Frugal dieters use free and low cost diet plans that they find on websites or in diet books.
- This increase in dieters spending their weight loss dollars wisely slowed the growth in the US weight loss market to less than 1% between 2009 and 2010.
- TheUS weight loss market was worth:
- $60.9 billion in 2010
- $60.4 billion in 2009
- $58.6 billion in 2008
- The typical dieter goes on four diets each year.
The Dukan Diet is also a great diet to follow if you are a “frugal dieter” looking to make your weight loss dollars go further as there are so many free resources out there that you can use ( like this site!) and should you decide to buy the book on Amazon it only cost $13.78 in hardcover or $8.33 for the Kindle version.