Dukan Diet Recipes – Ham Crispies
Ham Crispies are the best bacon substitute that I’ve found and they taste great with any type of eggs or cottage cheese.
If you are looking for a really substantial breakfast on a PV (Protein and Vegetable) day why not try:
- A Piece of Dukan Toast or a Dukan Oat Bran Pancake
- Scrambled /Poached /Dry fried Egg (If you scramble your eggs you can also add extra egg whites)
- Ham Crispies
- Grilled Tomatoes (cooked at the same time as the ham)
- Dry fried Mushrooms (use a non stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper).
You could of course have this meal at any time of day and on a PP (Pure Protein) day or during the Attack Phase you just leave out the tomatoes and mushrooms and have a yogurt to finish instead. As recipes go it could not really be any simpler as there is just one ingredient.
- Slices of low fat ham (Not too thick or they won’t go crispy)
- Spread out your slices of ham on a baking tray.
- Place into a preheated oven at 200C.
- Cook for 7 or 8 minutes.
- Turn the ham slices over and finish under a hot grill.
- Do not leave unattended as the ham slices can very quickly become over done!