Dukan Diet Attack Phase Menu – Days 4 and 5
Here are another two days suggested menus for the Attack Phase or a PP day in other phases of the Dukan Diet.
Over the seven days that I’ve put the menus together for I made sure that I included three servings of oily fish as their high levels of Omega 3 and various minerals and vitamins provide so many health benefits. They contain magnesium, iodine, zinc, phosphorus, calcium and selenium and the vitamins A, D, E and K.
Eating oily fish
- is good for your cardio vascular system
- helps prevent the onset and the progression of age related macular degeneration
- may provide a lower risk of developing dementia
- may help sufferers of depression
- may help sufferers of arthritis by reducing inflammation
I’ve also included a lot of lean beef as according to the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, beef is a great source of zinc, vitamin B12, selenium, iron, vitamin B6, phosphorus, niacin, potassium and riboflavin.
Whilst eating pure protein will not provide a balanced diet, it has to be considered against the health benefits that losing weight will provide and the fact that the Attack Phase is only followed for a maximum of 10 days. By making sure that you eat as wide a variety of foods from the list of 72 permitted proteins you are maximising the nutritional benefits of the restricted diet.
Day 4 Protein only (1/4 egg)
- Chocolate Oat Bran Cereal (1 ½ tbsp oat bran) ¼ egg
- Chicken slices
- Steak Au Poivre Dukan Style
Day 5 Protein only (1/3 egg)
- 1 Chocolate Oat Bran Muffin(1 tbsp oat bran) 1/3 egg
- 1 piece Dukan Toast (1/2 tbsp oatbran)
- Ham slices
- Smoked Mackerel
- Cottage Cheese
Links to other Menus: