More Detail on the Seven Steps of the Nutritional Staircase
If you want to know a little more about the latest gentle version of the Dukan Diet this is the place to start.
10 Quick Facts about the 7 Steps Nutritional Staircase from The Dukan Diet 2
- It is a 7 day mini Dukan Diet which takes the place of the Attack and Cruise phases.
- It is made up from elements of the Attack, Cruise and Consolidation phases.
- This 7 day cycle is repeated over and over again until you reach your target weight.
- You add a different food or food group each day.
- It is less intensive and more flexible than the original Dukan Diet so it is easier to stick to.
- It allows you to have a social life as you get a Celebration meal every week.
- You are allowed to eat fruit 5 days a week.
- You are allowed to eat cheese 3 days a week.
- You are allowed 1 small glass of wine each week.
- The downside is that you lose weight at a slower rate.
The 7 Step Nutritional Staircase from The Dukan Diet 2 in more detail
Monday – Day 1: Pure Proteins (from Attack Phase)
For anyone who is familar with the Dukan Diet it probably won’t come as any surprise to find out that pure proteins from the Dukan Diet, plus oat bran and shirataki noodles are the foods that are added on the first day.
Tuesday – Day 2: Pure Proteins and Vegetables (from the Cruise Phase)
On the second day the allowable vegetables are added. So you can eat freely from the list of 100 allowed foods.
Wednesday – Day 3: Pure Proteins, Vegetables and Fruit (from Consolidation)
Up until today the diet seems very familar but on day 3 we add 2 pieces fruit, one of the additional foods from the Consolidation phase. I think this change is going to be very popular as I know many followers of the Dukan Diet have found having to give up fruit for weeks on end extremely difficult. However not all fruits are allowed – grapes, figs, bananas and cherries cannot be eaten as they conbtain too much sugar.
Thursday – Day 4: Pure Proteins, Vegetables, Fruit and Bread (from Consolidation)
On Day 4 we add another food from the Consolidation Phase – 2 slices of wholemeal/whole wheat bread.
Friday – Day 5: Pure Proteins, Vegetables, Fruit, Bread and Cheese (from Consolidation)
The fifth day adds another food which is often craved after during the Attack and Cruise Phases – 1.5 ounces of hard cheese.
Saturday – Day 6: Pure Proteins, Vegetables, Fruit, Bread, Cheese and Starchy Food (from Consolidation)
On the first day of the weekend you are allowed to add a 7 ounce portion of starchy food such as brown rice, whole wheat pasta or quinoa.
Sunday – Day 7: Pure Proteins, Vegetables, Fruit, Bread, Cheese, Starchy Food and a Celebration Meal (from Consolidation)
The last day introduces the final item from Consolidation – the Celebration Meal, a 3 course meal (normal portion sizes but no seconds) plus a small glass of red wine.