Dukan Diet Attack Phase Recipe – Tandoori Chicken Fillets
I’ve read some posts and articles on the Internet which advise that food on the Dukan Diet is bland and boring. I find it very difficult to understand why this would need to be the case when there are so many different herbs and spices that you are allowed to use freely in your cooking.
Perhaps I’m lucky because I like almost all of the 72 foods that you can eat in the Attack Phase of the Dukan Diet. When you add in the many different ways in which you can cook and flavor these foods, bland and boring are not words which describe my diet.
One of the easiest ways to spice up your menu is by using curry spices and the particular recipe I’m going to share with you now can be used to make Tandoori Kebabs or Tandoori Goujons and all of these can be baked in the oven, grilled or barbecued. They all also taste great either hot or cold.
Tandoori Chicken Fillets (2 servings)
- 2 Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 2 tablespoons Tandoori Masala Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoons Zero fat Yogurt
- Juice from one Lemon
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1cm piece Peeled Ginger
- Finely dice the chilli, ginger and garlic glove and place in pestle and mortar with the masals spice mix and lemon juice.
- Grind to a smooth paste.
- Place yogurt in a bowl and stir in the paste to complete the marinade.
- Score each breast 2 or 3 times to help it absorb the flavors ( or cut chicken breast into goujons or cubes).
- Place the chicken in the bowl and cover well with the marinade.
- Put cling film over the bowl and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Bake, grill or barbecue making sure that the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with a little zero fat yogurt.