Dukan Diet PV Recipe: Crispy Kale Snacks
One of the things many people miss on the Dukan Diet is crispy foods. Some time ago I posted a recipe for Baked Zucchini Chips or Courgette Crisps and this was very popular so I thought I’d post a similar recipe which uses kale instead. If you are looking for something crispy on a PP day or in the Attack Phase you could try Ham Crispies instead.
Even if you don’t like kale, don’t be put off as many people find they enjoy kale chips or crisps even though they don’t like kale when eaten as a normal vegetable.
Crispy Kale Snacks
Ingredients (One Serving)
- 4 cups of prepared kale
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Prepare your kale carefully removing any tough stalks and tear into pieces.
- Make sure the kale is as dry as possible using a salad spinner and/or kitchen paper.
- Place the kale in a clean bowl and drizzle the oil over the kale.
- With your hands, mix the kale to spread the oil and then with your fingers spread the oil over the leaves.
- Place on baking trays/pans making sure that the pieces are evenly spread and don’t overlap.
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt and place in the top third of a preheated oven at 400°F or 200°c moving your oven shelves as needed.
- After 4 minutes rotate the sheets 180 degrees and switch shelves.
- After a further 4 minutes check to see if most leaves are crisp, if not ready yet just continue baking and keep checking regularly as you don’t want your Crispy Kale Snacks to be burnt.