Dukan Diet Cruise Recipe: Lemon Madeleines
Here is a Dukan friendly adaptation of the recipes for the beautiful French Madeleines. As the recipe uses tolerated foods it is only suitable from Phase 2/Cruise.
If you don’t know what Madeleines are they are traditional small sponge like cakes from the north east of France. They have a distinctive shell shape which comes from being baked in special Madeleine pans that have shell shaped depressions.
The Madeleine pan is the only special piece of equipment needed to bake these cakes and I’d recommend investing in a non stick version like the one in the picture below. I like this design as the handles make it easier to get in and out of the oven especially when wearing oven gloves.
(If you want to make more of these beautiful cakes just scale up the ingredients.)
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tablespoons of Splenda
- 6 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt
- 6 tablespoons of Oat Bran
- 4 tablespoons of Corn Starch (Cornflour) (Tolerated)
- 1 sachet of Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons of Fat Free Milk
- Zest of one Lemon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C /Gas Mark 4.
- Beat the eggs and sweetener in a bowl until you have a pale creamy mixture.
- In another bowl mix together the oat bran, corn starch/cornflour and baking powder.
- In stages gradually add the Greek yogurt to the creamy mixture and then do the same again with the oat bran mixture.
- The mixture needs to be nice and smooth and this is where you may need to add the milk to achieve this consistency.
- Pour the mixture into your Madeleine tin and bake in the oven for around 15 minutes. You might need to leave your cakes to bake for a little longer but be careful as the thinner edges might get over done.
- Leave to cool in the tin before turning out.