Can You Eat Peanut Butter on the Dukan Diet?
I am often asked in questions and emails whether the rules of Dr Dukan’s diet allow peanut butter to be eaten. I think this is because of the similarities in some of the foods eaten on the Dukan Diet and Atkins. Many people who have followed Atkins in the past and have eaten peanut butter in phases 2 to 4 of Atkins wonder whether it is permitted in the Dukan Diet and if so in what phases.
The Dukan Diet is a high protein, low carb diet like Atkins but unlike Atkins it is also a low fat diet. Although peanut butter is high in protein (23.8 g per 100 g) it has a very high fat content (49.2 g per 100 g) and a fairly high carb content (12.6 g per 100 g). It is also quite high in calories having 602 calories per 100g.
Due to the high fat content peanut butter isn’t suitable to eat on the first two weight loss phases of the Dukan Diet – Attack and Cruise and it can only be eaten in the Consolidation phase as part of one of the celebration meals. In Stabilisation it can be eaten on any day except Dukan Thursdays.
When Can You Eat Peanut Butter on the Dukan Diet?
- Attack Phase
- Cruise Phase
- Consolidation Phase – In Celebration meals only.
- Stabilisation – On any day except Dukan Thursdays
Ten Other Dukan Diet FAQs Answered
- Can You Eat Quinoa on the Dukan Diet?
- Can You Eat Bean Sprouts on the Dukan Diet?
- How Often Should I Weigh Myself on the Dukan Diet?
- When Can I Eat Nuts on the Dukan Diet?
- Can I have Miso Soup on Dukan Diet Attack Phase?
- Can I Drink Diet Coke on Dukan Diet?
- Can I Eat Fat Free or Low Fat Cheese on the Dukan Diet?
- Can You Eat Fat Free Frozen Yogurt on the Dukan Diet?
- Can You Drink Alcohol on the Dukan Diet?
- Dukan Diet Attack Phase – How Many Days Should It Last?