Dukan Diet Attack Phase Recipe: Oat Bran Free Dukan Bread
It is really a bit of a cheek to call this recipe Oat Bran Free Dukan Bread because it is actually a very well established recipe which has been used by followers of the Atkins Diet for many years. It just so happens that these rolls are also equally suitable for followers of the Dukan Diet but I think it would have too confusing to give this recipe it proper name which is Atkins Revolution Rolls or Ooopsie Rolls.
The really great thing about these rolls is that they use ingredients that you can eat on every day of the Dukan Diet including the first quick weight loss phase – Attack. I personally prefer Dukan Bread made with oat bran but being able to have these rolls does give you much more flexibility.
As well as providing the recipe below I’ve also found a very helpful YouTube video that demonstrates how to make this Oat Bran Free Dukan Bread.
Oat Bran Free Dukan Diet Rolls
Based on the recipe from the 1972 Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution book
Ingredients (Makes 6 rolls)
- Pam spray
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons cottage cheese (up to 2% fat content) or fat free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of sweetener
- Preheat oven to 300°F, 150°C or Gas Mark 2
- Separate the eggs very carefully making sure none of the yolk gets into the whites.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until whites are stiff and stay in the bowl when tipped
- Spray Pam on a Teflon cookie sheet.
- Blend the yolks, cottage cheese/cream cheese and sweetener and gently fold into the egg whites taking care not to break down the egg whites.
- Place the mixture carefully on the Teflon cookie sheet, gently putting one tablespoon full on top of another until each “roll” is about 2 inches high. Repeat this until you have 6 piles.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for about 30 – 40 minutes.