Dukan Diet Attack Phase Menu – Day 1
When you first read about the Attack Phase it appears to be quite a simple diet to follow. When you have 72 different foods you can chose from and which you can eat without limitation it feels as if you couldn’t possibly fail, especially when you know that this phase will give your diet a real kick start.
The challenges which get overlooked include:
- Eating 1 1/2 tablespoons of oat bran each and every day.
- Restricting yourself to just 4 egg yolks per week if you have problems with raised cholesterol or 7 egg yolks if not.
- Having variety in what you are eating.
Well if you are only following the Attack Phase for two or three days you may not find it too hard. You could probably eat the same food each day, allowing yourself one egg each day and eat your oat bran in a yogurt but what happens after that. You need to remember that you will be having protein only days every other day throughout the Cruise Phase so I believe that it is important to start your diet as you mean to go on and build in as much variety as possible. To help give you some ideas you do this I will be putting together seven example Protein only menus which together will use only just over 4 egg yolks in the 7 days and will provide your daily serving of oatbran without you having to put it in your yogurt.
Day 1 Protein Only (1 1/3 egg yolks)
- 1 Boiled Egg
- 1 piece Dukan Toast (1/2 tbsp oat bran) made with just egg whites
- Zero fat Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 Oat Bran Muffin (1 tbsp oat bran) 1/3 egg
- Oven Baked Salmon Fillet
- Zero fat Cottage Cheese
- Tandoori Chicken Fillet
- Sugar-free Jello (This requires a little lateral thinking to fit in. I see it as a diet drink with gelatine that makes it set. If preferred you could have another yogurt instead but the Jello has less calories! )
Links to other Menus: