Dukan Diet PV Recipe – Dukan Beef Tataki
If you are following the Dukan Diet and are looking for a Japanese dish to accompany your bowl of Miso soup you might like to consider preparing yourself Beef Tataki – but only if you like your beef served rare.
Beef Tataki uses lightly seared steak, cooked briefly in a very hot pan. It is sliced very thinly like sashimi and served with a citrus-soy dipping sauce and a salad of crisp vegetables.
The carrots and radish used in this recipe mean that it is only suitable for PV days in Cruise but if you were to leave these vegetables out and just serve with finely sliced onion you would also be able to enjoy this meal on a PP day as well.
Dukan Beef Tataki
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 lb of trimmed boneless sirloin steak about 1 inch thick
- 1 cup of radishes or peeled daikon radish cut into matchstick batons
- 1 cup of carrots cut into matchstick batons
- 1 large thinly sliced onion
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions/spring onions
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons of rapeseed oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the sliced onion and carrot and radish batons in a bowl and cover with very cold water for 5 minutes and then drain.
- Mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice, scallions and ginger in a small bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the mixture to the drained vegetables and toss, keeping the remaining sauce to use later.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan on a medium-high heat.
- Fry the steak for 3 to 4 minutes each side and then allow to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing very thinly.
- Arrange the meat slices on top of the salad and drizzle with the remaining sauce.