Dukan Diet PV Recipe – Mediterranean Foil-Baked Fish
One of the New Year’s resolutions I’ve made this year is to eat more fish so here is a fast, healthy fish recipe suitable for PV days in the Cruise Phase of the Dukan Diet. Cooking the fish wrapped in foil help reduce the cooking smell that fish often produces.
Mediterranean Foil-Baked Fish
- 2 fillets of white fish
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon (use the remaining half cut into slices as a garnish)
- 2 cloves of finely diced garlic
1 finely diced red onion
- 1 cup of baby spinach leaves or chopped spinach
- 4 large diced plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Optional – 1 finely diced red chili pepper
Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375°F, 190°C or Gas Mark 5
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients other than the fish.
- Tear off a piece of aluminum foil twice the length of your baking tray.
- Center the foil on the tray and place your fish fillets in the middle.
- Spread the mixture from the bowl on top of the fish.
- Enclose the fish in the foil bringing the two ends to the middle overlapping slightly and turn up the edges to seal.
- Cook in the oven until the fish is cooked and flakes easily. The cooking time will vary according to the thickness of the fillet.