Dukan Diet Recipes – Dukan Oat Bran Toast
This post has the very simple recipe for Dukan Oat Bran Toast at the end. I can’t pretend that it tastes anything close to toast made with bread but it does give you some additional ways to enjoy your protein. In the Attack Phase you are very limited to the amount of toast that you can have as you are only permitted 1 1/2 tablespoons of oat bran each day but if you don’t have a sweet tooth like me this might be just what you were looking for.
To give you some ideas on how you can use your Dukan toast I’ve listed some suggestions below:
- Steak Sandwich.
- Beef Burger.
- Chicken or Turkey Burger.
- Beef, Ham or Chicken Sandwich.
- Dry fried or poached egg on toast.
- Boiled egg with toast soldiers.
- Omelette on toast with finely cubed ham on top.
Don’t forget that you can use mustard in your burger or sandwich and when you move into the Cruise Phase on protein and vegetable (PV) days you can also add salad and tomatoes or a little tomato sauce with a little sweetener added.
Dukan Oat Bran Toast
- 3 tablespoons of oat bran
- 2 tablespoons of zero fat yogurt
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- Beat the egg or egg whites in a bowl to get a little air into the mix.
- Add the yogurt and oat bran and stir well.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Spray on a squirt of oil in the pan and place four round egg rings in the pan.
- Divide the mixture between the four egg rings and level.
- When first side is cooked remove from the egg rings and cook the other side.
- Flatten each piece of toast by applying light pressure for a count of ten.
- Grill on both sides until brown and enjoy hot or cold.
I like using the round egg rings as this makes the toast perfect for burgers. It is also the right shape for poached eggs or dry fried eggs especially if cooked in the same size egg ring but you can get lots of different shapes including square if you want your toast bread shaped.