Dukan Diet Plan Egg Recipe: Herby Scrambled Eggs
I seem to post recipes in themes and I’m on a bit of an egg theme at the moment. Eggs are such a versatile food and not as expensive as many other types of protein and they are ideal to use in all phases of the Dukan Diet. What makes using eggs slightly controversial is their cholesterol content and Dr Dukan appears to err on the side of caution as far as the use of eggs is concerned.
Eggs do contain fairly high levels of cholesterol but then so to do prawns, liver and kidneys. The British Heart Foundation (BHF) advises that foods high in cholesterol do not usually make a large contribution to the amounts of cholesterol in your blood. The foods they consider you should avoid are those high in saturated fats.
The BHF explain that research has developed our understanding of how foods high in cholesterol affect people’s heart health and for most people the amount of saturated fat in their diet has a far greater impact on the levels of cholesterol in their blood than eating foods that containing cholesterol, like eggs and shellfish. Their advice is that unless you have been advised otherwise by your doctor or dietitian there is currently no limit on the number of eggs you can eat in a week.
I’m going to post a simple scrambled egg recipe that has a few extra ingredients that provide an added dimension of taste! As the added ingredients are only herbs and onion (scallions/Spring onions) this recipe can be enjoyed on any day of the Dukan Diet.
Herby Scrambled Eggs
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of skimmed milk
- 3 finely sliced scallions (Spring onions)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh herbs such as chives, parsley or cilantro/coriander
- Crack your eggs into a bowl that can be used in your microwave.
- Add the milk, scallions (Spring onions) and herbs
- Beat until the egg yolks are well mixed in.
- Place in the microwave and heat on full power for 50 seconds
- Remove and stir well to mix in those parts of the egg that are starting to firm up.
- Put the bowl back into the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until eggs are close to the consistency you like.
- Leave to stand for a few seconds and stir as eggs will continue to cook.
- If you find the eggs need to be cooked a little longer just repeat steps 4 and 5 reducing the time in the microwave to 10 seconds as many times as needed.