Dukan Diet Plan Recipe for Eggs: Egg and Onion Bhurji
The recipe I’m sharing with you in this post is a recipe for Bhurji which is a variation of scrambled eggs from India which has added vegetables and herbs and spices. This recipe is for Egg and Onion Bhurji and I’ve chosen to share this particular recipe because it is suitable to use in any phase of the Dukan Diet Plan, including the Attack Phase. However there are lots of different recipes for Bhurji which use slightly different vegetables and herbs and spices and many Indian families have their own variation of the recipe which has been passed down through the family.
Bhurji can be a useful addition to your repertoire of Dukan Diet recipes as it is quick and easy to prepare and as it uses eggs for the protein source it is not that costly.
If you are new to the Dukan Diet you might wonder how a recipe that uses onion, tomato puree, garlic and chilies which are vegetables could be suitable to eat in the Attack Phase if you are only supposed to be eating pure protein. This is because these ingredients when used in small amounts are considered to be condiments or seasonings.
Egg and Onion Bhurji
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of fat free milk
- 1 diced medium onion
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 finely diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons of tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of masala or curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro/coriander to garnish
- Beat the eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Fry the onion, garlic and chillies in the oil until the onion is soft.
- Add the tomato puree, tumeric and masala/curry powder and cook for a further 2/3 minutes.
- Add the egg mixture and stir until the eggs are cooked to the consistency you prefer.
- Serve immediately garnished with the chopped cilantro/coriander.