Dukan Diet Plan Recipe: Oriental Style Braised Beef
This recipe isn’t suitable for the Attack Phase as it contains two tolerated ingredients – soy sauce and corn flour, but it can be used for PP days in Cruise. It is perfect when accompanied by Shirataki noodles and it is a dish that can be made ahead and reheated or it could be cooked in a slow cooker so that it is ready to eat as soon as you get home from work.
Oriental Style Braised Beef
- 750 g of lean braising beef
- 2 tablespoons of cornflour
- 4 teaspoons of rapeseed oil
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 4 cloves of finely sliced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1 deseeded and finely chopped red chili
- 1 teaspoon of Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 500 ml of water
- Sweetener to taste
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro/coriander
- Cut the beef into chunks and toss in a bowl with the cornflour to coat.
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a casserole dish and brown the meat.
- Remove the meat and add the remaining two teaspoons of oil.
- Cook the onion, garlic, ginger and chili until soft.
- Add the browned meat and teaspoon of Chinese five-spice powder and cook for a further five minutes.
- Add the water, soy sauce and sweetener and bring to a slow steady simmer.
- Cook until the meat is really tender which should be about 90 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro/coriander just before serving.