Dukan Diet Recipe: Baked Zucchini Chips or Courgette Crisps
Finding suitable foods to snack on whilst in the first three phases of the Dukan Diet can be quite a challenge but if you are on a PV day and looking for a snack to replace potato chips (US) or crisps (UK) you might like to try making yourself some vegetable crisps.
One of the most popular types of vegetable crisps are those made with zucchinis or courgettes. They are a great party food to serve with fat free dips. You can make them plain with just a little salt or use other flavorings such as paprika, chili powder or curry but you need to be quite sparing with any seasoning used as they shrink in size as they crispen and this concentrates the seasoning!
Baked Zucchini Chips or Courgette Crisps
- 1 large zucchini or courgette
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Sea salt or other seasoning of your choice
- Preheat oven to 225°Fahrenheit, 110° Celsius or Gas mark 1⁄4.
- Thinly slice the zucchini/courgette crossways into medallions or length ways into strips if the zucchini/courgette is not very big.
- Brush olive oil thinly onto a small piece of foil and use this to oil one side on each zucchini/courgette by placing on the foil
- Replace oil on the foil as needed.
- Place your slices on a silicone baking sheet oil side up and sprinkle sparingly with your seasoning.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 45 minutes.
- Turn the baking sheet to ensure even cooking and continue baking until done to your liking.
- Allow to cool and enjoy as soon as possible!!
If you are looking for more snack ideas why not take a look at these posts.
Snacks for the Dukan Diet Attack Phase – 10 Savory Snacks
Snacks for the Dukan Diet Cruise Phase – 10 Sweet Snacks
Snacks for the Dukan Diet Attack Phase – 10 Sweet Snacks