Dukan Diet Recipe: Spicy Moroccan Chicken Breasts
This is another recipe than can be cooked on the barbecue if wanted but it can just as easily be cooked inside if the weather changes or if you haven’t got a barbecue! It uses no vegetables and is therefore a recipe that can be used on any day of the Dukan Diet, including Dukan Thursdays in Stabilisation.
There are two parts to this recipe the first part makes a mix of traditional spices used in Moroccan cuisine and the second part is the Spicy Moroccan Chicken Breast recipe.
Moroccan Spice Mix
2 teaspoons each of ground cumin, ground coriander and nutmeg
1 teaspoon each of ground ginger and allspice
1/2 teaspoon each of cayenne pepper and cinnamon
Mix all the dried ingredients together well and store in an airtight container until wanted.
Spicy Moroccan Chicken Breasts
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of Moroccan spice mix
- 2 cloves of finely diced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes (optional to spice things up if desired)
- Make your marinade in a large bowl using all of the ingredients except the chicken breasts.
- Add the chicken breasts and coat well.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Either cook on BBQ or broil/grill on a medium-high heat, turning a couple of times until the chicken is cooked through.