Dukan Diet Recipe: Herby Halibut and Vegetable Kebabs
This is a recipe that does require some preparation ahead of cooking. The vegetables do mean that this is a recipe best used on PV days in the Cruise Phase but as you cook the vegetables separately it is a dish that you could adapt to use in the Attack Phase or on PP days in Cruise. On these days you will only have 2 kebabs – one of fish and one with just onions. It also means that you’ll need more onion but less of the other vegetables.
Herby Halibut and Vegetable Kebabs
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 and 1/2 pounds halibut, cut into 1″ to 1 1/2″ chunks
- 3 tablespoons of fresh finely chopped herbs of your choice such as basil, thyme, sage, marjoram or rosemary
- 2 zucchini/courgettes cut into 16 1/2″ slices
- 16 mini plum tomatoes or large cherry tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers cut into 16 “squares”
- 2 small red onion cut into 16 pieces
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil,
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 finely diced garlic cloves
- Put 1 tablespoon of the fresh mixed herbs in a large bowl with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and mix together.
- Add the vegetables and toss in the mixture to coat.
- Thread your vegetables onto the skewers and then cover and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil and 2 tablespoon of lemon juice to the bowl and stir together with the remaining fresh herbs and the garlic.
- Add the fish chunks and stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for between 1 and 2 hours.
- Thread the fish chunks onto 4 skewers and season with a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- The vegetable kebabs will take a couple of minutes longer to cook than the halibut so place these on your barbecue first.
- After a couple of minutes add your fish kebabs and continue to cook both for between 8 and 10 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Don’t forget to turn your kebabs and use any remaining marinade to coat during the cooking.