Dukan Diet Recipes – Chocolate and Cinnamon Oat Bran Muffins
In this post I’m going to give you two slightly different muffin recipes, one for Chocolate Oat Bran Muffins and the other for Cinnamon Oat Bran Muffins as I have to make sure those of you who don’t like chocolate or who like a little variety are also catered for! The great thing about muffins is that you can have them for breakfast, as a snack at any time of day or eat one to round off your lunch or dinner. The best thing about the Dukan Diet for me is that it allows me to feel that I’m not on a diet at all, having a chocolate muffin with my coffee is a well deserved reward rather than a diet breaker.
Chocolate Oat Bran Muffins
- 6 tablespoons of oat bran
- 4 teaspoons of reduced fat, no sugar added cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons of zero fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Sweetener to taste
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the yogurt and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Divide the mixture equally between 6 paper muffin cases in a muffin tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes.
Cinnamon Oat Bran Muffins
Use the recipe above but
- Omit the cocoa powder and instead add 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Reduce the quantity of yogurt to 5 tablespoons.
If you are looking for other ideas on how to incorporate oat bran in to your diet you might like to read my post How Can I Eat Oat Bran on the Dukan Diet, which gives 10 ideas and suggestions for eating oat bran with links to recipes.