Dukan Diet Plan Recipe: Pak Choi and Chicken Stir-Fry
I love stir fry because it is such a quick and easy way to cook but it does take a little time to prepare the vegetables. This recipe for Pak Choi and Chicken Stir-Fry does use quite a lot of garlic and ginger so if you think it would be too overpowering for you just reduce the amounts a little, or a lot. The vegetables mean that this recipe is only suitable for PV days from the Cruise Phase of the Dukan Diet.
Pak Choi and Chicken Stir-Fry
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast pulled apart into small bite size pieces
- 2 finely sliced Pak Choi with the green leaves and white stalks kept apart
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup carrots batons (1/4 ” thick)
- 1 bunch scallions/Spring onions cut into 1″ slices
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch/cornflour
- 4 teaspoons of rapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon finely diced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely diced ginger
- Mix the chicken stock, soy sauce and cornstarch/cornflour in a small jug with a whisk.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. It is best not to use olive oil as if you’re not careful you can burn it.
- Add the stalks of the Pak Choi, carrots and mushrooms and cook until the carrots are just tender. This will be around 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and a couple of minutes later add the chicken and scallions/Spring onions.
- After a couple more minutes add the Pak Choi leaves and stir in before adding the mixture in the jug.
- Continue stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Serve at once on a bed of Shirataki noodles.