Dukan Diet Recipe: Summer Squid Salad
This is a make ahead recipe that makes summer entertaining easy. I wanted to show you how versatile squid is. The previous recipes I’ve posted over the last couple of days have grilled the squid and served it hot. (Lemon Zesty Grilled Calamari with Garlic and Dukan Diet Recipe: Stuffed Grilled Calamari
This recipe steams the squid but uses it cold in a salad and as it is a salad dish it is only suitable for PV days from the Cruise Phase.
Summer Squid Salad
Ingredients( Serves 4)
- 1 and 1/2 pounds of Squid Rings, about 3/4″ wide
- Juice of one Lemon
- 4 teaspoons of extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 3 to 4 finely chopped and seeded Tomatoes
- 1 finely chopped Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons of Capers
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh Cilantro/Coriander
- Steam the squid rings over simmering water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the squid and immediately immerse the squid in iced water to stop the cooking process.
- When cold take out of the water and drain thoroughly.
- About one or two hours before serving whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl.
- Add the squid, tomatoes, onion, capers and cilantro/coriander and mix together.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving on a bed of mixed lettuce leaves.