Dukan Diet Recipe: Lemon Zesty Grilled Calamari with Garlic
The stuffed calamari/squid recipe I posted yesterday is only suitable for PV days in the Cruise Phase so today I wanted to give you all a recipe that can be used on any day in any phase of the diet.
Squid is not a difficult fish to cook, the only thing that you need to watch is not to overcook it as it makes it tough and chewy!
Again I’ve gone for a recipe which only uses the body as I know that the thought of eating tentacles may be a step too far for the novice squid eater.
Lemon Zesty Grilled Calamari with Garlic
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 Squid (weighing about 225g or 8oz each) cleaned, rinsed and dried with kitchen paper
- The juice and zest of one lemon and one lemon cut into quarters to garnish
- Sea Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Olive Oil
- 2 finely diced cloves of Garlic
- Fresh chopped Coriander/Cilantro/coriander to garnish
- Cut the squid open by slicing down the side of the tube.
- Carefully score the inside of the flesh in a diamond pattern making sure not to cut all the way through.
- In a bowl mix the lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic,olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Rub the marinade into the squid, cover the bowl with cling film and leave to marinate for at least two hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat your barbecue or griddle until hot
- Place the squid on the heat for about two minutes each side.
- Serve on a plate garnished with the fresh chopped cilantro/coriander and a lemon quarter
- Squeeze the lemon juice on the squid just before eating.