Dukan Diet Recipes – Chocolate Oat Bran Cereal
If you’re in search of something slightly different for breakfast than Oat Bran Porridge or the Dukan Oat Bran Pancake and you are missing the milk and cereals that you used to eat for breakfast why not try the recipe below for Chocolate Oat Bran Cereal. I’ve given the quantities for four servings as I like to make up a few servings in each batch as this makes good use of my oven and it saves me a lot of time in the mornings. I’m sure that you would be able to try some different flavors but as those of you who have read some of my other posts know I’m a bit of a chocoholic!
Chocolate Oat Bran Cereal
Ingredients (for 4 servings)
- 6 tablespoons of oat bran
- 3 teaspoons of of reduced fat, no sugar added, cocoa powder
- 1 whole egg and 1 egg yolk
- Sweetener to taste
- Place oat bran and cocoa powder in a bowl and mix throughly.
- Beat eggs in another bowl with the sweetener and then add to the oat bran mixture.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place on baking paper on a baking sheet.
- Press down lightly on the top of each ball with a fork.
- Place in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes.
- Place the cereal on a wire tray to cool.
- Enjoy with skim or zero fat milk or with zero fat yogurt. I’ve also crushed the cereal and stirred the chocolate crumbs in my yogurt.
If you are looking for other ideas on how to incorporate oat bran in to your diet you might like to read my post How Can I Eat Oat Bran on the Dukan Diet, which gives 10 ideas and suggestions for eating oat bran with links to recipes.