Dukan Diet Recipe: Tomato Tuna Soufflé
This recipe makes a great light lunch or brunch at the weekend and as it is a pure protein recipe suitable for all days and all phases of the Dukan Diet that doesn’t cost the earth it is one worth perfecting assuming you like tuna, tomato and soufflés. You can tinker with the ingredients say by changing the tuna for finely diced chicken breast or adding in some finely diced cooked vegetables if you are on a PV day but if you don’t like soufflés all is lost and there is no point you reading the rest of this post!!
Tomato Tuna Soufflé
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- A tin of very well drained tuna flakes – in spring water or brine depending on whether you are watching your salt intake
- 2 teaspoons of tomato paste/purée
- 4 finely sliced scallions/ spring onions
- 4 whole eggs
- 3 rounded tablespoons of fat free fromage frais or fat free ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil/rapeseed oil to grease dishes
- Separate the eggs and putting the egg whites into a large bowl and the yolks into another large bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff
- Put the tomato paste/ puree, fromage frais or ricotta cheese and scallions/ spring onions into the bowl with the egg yolk and mix well.
- Stir in the well drained tuna flakes.
- Then fold the egg white slowly into this mixture taking care to keep as much air in the mixture as possible.
- Pour into oiled souffle dish or dishes
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes at 150 ° C , 300°F or Gas Mark 2. Using small dishes will reduce the cooking time needed.