Dukan Diet Recipe: Garlic and Dill Chicken Breasts
If I was told that I had to chose just one meat to eat for the rest of my life I think it would probably have to be chicken as I find it such a versatile ingredient. Having said this I think I would probably suffer with withdrawal symptoms from the other types of meat for the rest of my life!!
However it would definitely be my one meat of choice to use for the Dukan Diet.
Here is another chicken recipe which is suitable to use from the Cruise Phase as it uses cornstarch/corn flour which is a tolerated item. It doesn’t have any vegetables other than garlic and onion so you can eat it on both pure protein days and protein and vegetable days.
Garlic and Dill Chicken Breasts
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 boneless and skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 large or 2 medium finely diced Onion
- 2 teaspoons of Olive Oil,or Rapeseed Oil
- 4 cloves of minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh Dill
- 1 cup of Chicken stock/Bouillon
- 2 teaspoons of Cornstarch/Corn flour
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground Pepper, to taste
- Put a teaspoon of oil in a pan over a medium to heat heat and then add the chicken breasts.
- Brown on both sides for three or four minutes each side.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm on both sides
- Turn down the heat and add another teaspoon of oil.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook for three or four minutes
- In a jug mix the chicken stock, lemon juice one tablespoon of dill and corn starch/corn flour
- Add to the pan and continue cooking, stirring continuously until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Season to taste.
- Return the chicken pieces and any juices from the plate to the pan;
- Turn the heat down and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Put into a warmed serving dish or serve straight to warmed plates and garnish with the remaining tablespoon of chopped fresh dill.