Dukan Diet Recipe: Yummy Dukan Carrot Cake
This is yet another really great way to have your daily serving of two tablespoons of oat bran in the Cruise Phase. It does of course have to be a PV day because of the carrot!
Unlike normal carrot cake this recipe has no nuts as nuts are too high in fat to be suitable for the weight loss phases of the Dukan Diet and it uses uses cornstarch/corn flour which is a tolerated item, with wheat bran to help to keep you regular.
Provided you are a vegetarian that eats eggs this recipe is also suitable for you too!
Yummy Dukan Carrot Cake
Ingredients (A daily serving is 1/3 of the cake)
- 6 tablespoons of Oat Bran
- 3 tablespoons of Wheat Bran
- 3 tablespoons of Cornstarch/Cornflour(tolerated)
- 2 Egg Whites + 2 Whole Eggs
- 200 g Silken Tofu
- 2 tablespoons of Fromage Frais
- 2 cups of finely grated Carrot
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- A pinch of Ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
- Sweetener (adjusted to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, 200°C or Gas Mark 6
- Place the oat bran, wheat bran and cornstarch/corn flour, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger into a large bowl and mix these dry ingredients together.
- Add the vanilla essence, tofu,eggs, fromage frais and mix thoroughly and then add sweetener to taste.
- Lastly mix in the carrots and put the mix into a silicon loaf pan.
- Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes and then reduce to 325°F, 160°C or Gas Mark 3 and cook for a further 35 minutes.
- Remember that this is meant to be a moist cake but depending on your oven you may need to bake it a little longer. If it is getting too brown on top put a piece of greaseproof paper/baking paper over the top to protect it.