Dukan Diet Recipes – Vanilla Oat Bran Porridge
I find porridge particularly satisfying on a cold winter’s morning as it sets me up for the day ahead, but I have no problem enjoying porridge for breakfast whatever the season is. I’ve also been known on occasion to have a bowl of porridge for supper. This means that if you are like me you are unlikely to have any problem at all incorporating oat bran into your daily diet. Although the Dukan Diet is a low fat, high protein, low carb diet it is not a no carb diet and the oat bran has been included for many reasons.
- Eating oat bran absorbs fat on its passage through our digestive systems, preventing it from being absorbed by our bodies and being deposited on our hips and thighs, or wherever you tend to put on weight.
- Eating oat bran provides valuable dietary fiber to the diet especially on Pure Protein (PP) days.
- It also helps lower cholesterol, stabilise blood sugar levels and keeps hunger at bay for longer.
Vanilla Oat Bran Porridge
Ingredients ( 2 servings)
- 3 tablespoons of oat bran
- 125 ml of skim or zero fat milk.
- Vanilla essence to taste
- Sweetener to taste
- Place the oat bran and milk in a small microwaveable bowl and heat on high for 45 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and add the vanilla essence and sweetener to taste.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes for the oat bran to soak up the milk
- Return to the microwave and cook on high for a further 45 seconds.
You may need to adjust the amount of milk used depending on the consistency of porridge that you like and the level of moisture in the oat bran.
If you are looking for other ideas on how to incorporate oat bran in to your diet you might like to read my post How Can I Eat Oat Bran on the Dukan Diet, which gives 10 ideas and suggestions for eating oat bran with links to recipes.