Dukan Diet Recipe: Hungarian Paprika Chicken
This recipe can be used in the Cruise Phase, on any day you are eating vegetables (PV days), but it does use both of your two daily tolerated items. If you can, try to get sweet Hungarian paprika to add that extra touch of authenticity and if needs be you can easily adapt this recipe to use other vegetables you have available. For example this dish also tastes great if you use mushrooms instead of the (bell) peppers.
You can serve this dish with steamed vegetables of your choice or cauliflower rice or cauliflower mash.
Hungarian Paprika Chicken
Ingredients (for 6 servings)
- 3 pounds of Chicken pieces (with the skin removed but bone left in)
- 4 cups of finely diced Onions
- 1 and 1/2 cups of assorted diced (Bell) Peppers
- 6 teaspoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato Paste/Purée
- 2 tablespoons of Sweet Hungarian Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of crushed Red Chilli Pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of dried Marjoram
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Crème Fraiche (tolerated item)
- 1 tablespoon of Cornflour(Corn Starch) (tolerated item)
- Sweetener/Sea Salt/Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fry the onion in a casserole dish until very soft, adding a little water if needed.
- Stir in the (bell) peppers, tomato paste/purée, paprika, marjoram, crushed red chilli pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir gently into the mixture.
- Pour in the stock and place the lid on the dish and simmer on a low to medium heat until the chicken is tender.
- Take out the chicken pieces and place them on a plate.
- Add the crème fraiche and cornflour to the mix and stir continuously until the sauce coats the spoon.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- If a little additional sweetness is needed add a small amount of sweetener.
- Put the chicken back into the sauce to reheat for a couple of minutes.
- It is now ready to serve!