Dukan Diet Recipe: Rhubarb Ginger Fool
Apart from goji berries and rhubarb, fruit is totally off the menu while you are in the weight loss phases of the Dukan Diet. It is therefore very important for you to make the most of these two fruits.
In the Cruise Phase rhubarb is considered to be a “vegetable” that you can eat freely on PV days in Cruise but unlike other vegetables you can also have a small serving (100g) as one of your tolerated foods on PP days. Exceptionally a small serving can also be eaten each day in the Attack Phase if you are suffering from the effects of constipation.
Goji berries are a tolerated food but unlike other tolerated foods they can also be eaten in the Attack Phase. You can eat one tablespoon per day in the Attack Phase and on PP days in Cruise and have two tablespoons on PV days.
This recipe teams rhubarb and ginger together which are two ingredients that go together like peaches and cream to give a simple yet sophisticated dessert that can be served on any occasion.
Rhubarb Ginger Fool
- 400g of Rhubarb
- 100ml of water
- 1” cube of root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Sweetener to taste
- 300ml of fat free Greek yogurt
- 4 small sprigs of mint to garnish
- Cut rhubarb into cubes and put into a pan with the water, chopped ginger and sweetener. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to a low simmer until the rhubarb is soft.
- Allow to cool.
- In a bowl mix the Greek yogurt with a little sweetener and then combine with the stewed rhubarb.
- Divide the mixture into 4 glass dishes and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Just before serving garnish each with a sprig of mint.