Dukan Diet Recipes: Quick and Easy Chicken and Tomato
This is a quick and simple recipe that is suitable for PV days in the Cruise Phase due to the tomatoes it contains. You could serve it with other vegetables or on bed of Cauliflower Rice or Shirataki noodles, or on ribbons of zucchini/courgettes and carrots.
Quick and Easy Chicken and Tomato
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs or 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- 1 and 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil or rapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chives
- 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- On a medium heat fry the onions in the oil in a non stick pan (which has a lid) for a couple of minutes and then add the chicken pieces.
- Brown the chicken on each side for 5 minutes each side.
- Add the chicken stock and balsamic vinegar and then mix in the tomatoes and chives.
- Place a lid on the pan and reduce the heat to a simmer for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Take off the lid and continue to cook until the sauce has the desired consistency.
- Serve with vegetables or Shirataki noodles as desired.