Drinks for the Dukan Diet
If you are looking something to a little different to drink other than water or diet sodas whilst you are following the Dukan Diet you might like to try one of the drinks listed below.
Different Drinks That Are Allowed on the Dukan Diet
- Low Carb Creamy Hot Chocolate is a recipe which should be avoided in the Attack Phase as it uses tolerated foods. It makes a great bedtime drink or is a lovely drink to warm you up on chilly days.
- Winter Warming Eggnog is a drink that you can enjoy in any phase of the diet. This recipe allows you to enjoy a lighter, healthier and less calorie laden version of the traditional winter holiday drink of eggnog which is alcohol free.
- Mint Lassi a refreshing cooling drink again for any phase of the diet. The addition of tofu provides additional protein to help keep hunger at bay.
- Skinny Latte is a coffee with the calories reduced to the bare minimum. You don’t have to go to Starbucks as you can make your own to enjoy at anytime using milk from your daily allowance and a sugar free syrup.
These sugar free syrups are not calorie free but they are very low in calories as they have less than 5 calories per serving. The nutritional labeling laws of the US Food & Drug Administration allow foods containing less than 5 calories per serving to be labeled as calorie free. These syrups can also be used to liven up your Dukan galette or oat bran pancake or added to yogurts so they can be very useful items to have in your kitchen cupboards. If you are wondering what ingredients these syrups have the Torani French Vanilla contains purified water, natural flavors, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (to preserve freshness), xanthan gum, sucralose (Splenda brand), citric acid and acesulfame potassium.
- Iced Green Tea makes a delightful change to drinking it hot. There are many types of green tea and is a delicious drink and as you may already know Dr Dukan is a great fan of green tea because of the health benefits and its diuretic properties and he based his Non Stop Green Tea Plateau Buster on the it.
- Iced Coffee is also very popular around the world as I found out from this Wikipedia article. The Italian “caffè freddo” is definitely a little different. It is straight espresso kept in a freezer and served as icy slush
- Vegetable Juices can be drunk on PV days in Cruise but you need to be careful if you are not making your own as some of the store bought varieties contain a lot of sodium. One of the most popular varieties V8 does a low sodium version in both Original and Spicy Hot.
Other Drinks That Are Allowed on the Dukan Diet
- All forms of tea, fruit tea, herbal teas, black tea, green tea and white tea.
- All coffees.
- Still, sparkling and tap water but you should avoid Badoit and San Pellegrino as they are very high in sodium.
- Diet sodas that have one calorie or less per serving but these are limited to three per day.
- Skim milk
- Soy milk if lactose intolerant or one glass as one of your tolerated items in Cruise.
Drinks Not Allowed on the Dukan Diet
- Any form of alcohol
- Drinks containing fruit
- Drinks containing sugar
- Diet drinks with more than one calorie per serving