Dukan Diet Cruise Recipe: Lumpy Dukan Miracle Soup
This is my variation of Dr Dukan’s Miracle Soup (Soupe Miraculeuse). His recipe can be found on pages 205 and 206 of the UK version of the Dukan Diet book.
Dr Dukan advises that this type of soup is very filling and considers that the fact that the soup has liquid and solid elements is key to how this soup helps you to lose weight. The solid vegetables stay in the stomach to be digested so that your stomach feels full. The liquid travels quickly to the small intestines where the digestion of the soup also gives you a feeling of being satisfied. If you have ever tried the Cabbage Soup Diet you may notice some similarities.
By switching the chicken stock cubes for vegetable stock cubes this recipe then becomes suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Lumpy Dukan Miracle Soup
Ingredients ( 5 or 6 servings)
- Half a head of cabbage
- 2 large onions
- 5 or 6 spring onions (scallions) for garnish
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 3 carrots
- A head of celery
- 2 green peppers (bell peppers)
- 3 chicken bouillon/stock cubes (Vegetarians should use vegetable bouillon/stock cubes
- Seasoning of choice such as herbs, curry powder or freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare all vegetables and cut all except the spring onions in large bite size pieces.
- Finely slice the spring onions and reserve to garnish.
- Place all the other ingredient in a stockpot or large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil and cook for ten minutes.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until all vegetables are cooked and tender.