Dukan Diet Attack Recipe: Dukan Goji Berry Jam or Jelly
I’ve put this recipe as an Attack Phase Recipe because the latest official information about goji berries advises that you can have one tablespoon of goji berries a day in the Attack Phase as a tolerated item.
Fruit jam (UK) or jelly (US) is one of the foods than many followers of the Dukan Diet find themselves missing in the weight loss phases of the diet plan and this recipe allows you to enjoy Dukan Diet friendly goji berry jam in small quantities. The amount you can have varies according to the phase of the diet you are on and whether it is a PP or PV day.
In Attack phase and PP days in Cruise you are allowed 1 tablespoon of goji berries. This increases to 2 tablespoons for PV days in Cruise and to 3 tablespoons in Consolidation.
You need to do the same as you would when using oat bran in a recipe, you have to divide the finished item in order to get the right number of tablespoons of goji berries in your daily serving.
Dukan Goji Berry Jam or Jelly
- 5 tablespoons of Goji Berries
- Liquid Sweetener to taste (or Strawberry Sugar free syrup)
- 1 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of Agar-agar
- Water (to cover the berries)
- Put the goji berries in a small nonstick saucepan and cover them with water.
- Leave them to soak for 20 to 30 minutes or longer if you have the patience.
- Add the lemon juice and sweetener or syrup and bring to the boil stirring all the time.
- Mix in the agar-agar and them simmer for 7 or 8 minutes continuing to stir the mixture all the time.
- Place your finished jam/jelly in a clean glass jar and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
How will you have your goji berry jam/jelly? On an oat bran pancake, on Dukan toast or perhaps with a yogurt.