Dukan Diet Attack Phase – Recipes and Tips #6
In the Attack Phase of the Dukan Diet it can be very difficult to find suitable snacks that you can eat while you are away from home so my #6 Dukan Diet tip is Take a Snack with You. It is surprising how much less hungry you are when you know you have something you can eat in your bag or briefcase. It is also sensible to plan trips out to the supermarket after you’ve just eaten, as this helps reduces the temptation to buy something you shouldn’t! I also carry a small spoon in my bag so that I know that I have the option to buy a zero fat yogurt if I should ever be away from home without a snack. If you know that you are going to be away from home you can use a Tupperware container to take almost any snack you like.
While you are on a diet it is important that you don’t feel restricted and that you enjoy your food. For me this means ensuring that I can indulge my sweet tooth and my love of chocolate so my #6 Dukan Diet recipe is Low Carb Chocoholics Custard. Reduced fat, no sugar added cocoa powder is a tolerated food which is not added until the Cruise phase, but I know that some official Attack Phase recipes do use this cocoa powder. Therefore you might want not to use cocoa powder until you are in the Cruise Phase. It will really depend on how much you are missing your chocolate. You could of course make Low Carb Coffee Custard instead by replacing the cocoa powder with a teaspoon of coffee.
Ingredients (for two servings)
- 250ml skim/zero fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons of reduced fat, no sugar added cocoa powder
- 2 small sprigs of mint to garnish
- Place the milk and cocoa powder in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Slowly mix in the hot milk and then return the liquid to the saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat stirring continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Allow to cool slightly before pouring into two wine glasses.
- Chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with sprig of mint just before serving.