Dukan Diet Cruise Phase Recipe:Shirataki Chicken Noodle Soup
I haven’t posted a recipe for a while so I thought I’d post a couple of recipes for noodle soup using Shirataki noodles – one for meat eaters that uses chicken and one for vegans/vegetarians that uses tofu. This post has the chicken version and here is a link to the recipe for Tofu Shirataki Noodle Soup.
Shirataki Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- 2 chicken breasts with skin removed
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 100g Shirataki noodles
- 4 thinly sliced mushrooms (omit on PP day)
- 2 shredded spring onions (scallion)
- 1 finely sliced spring onion (scallion) for decoration
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- Put the stock in a pan.
- Add the chicken, ginger and garlic.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
- Take the chicken breasts out and pull into bite-size pieces using two forks discarding any bones.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the noodles, mushrooms, shredded spring onions and the soy sauce.
- Simmer until the noodles are tender.
- Serve with the finely sliced spring onions scatter over the top of the soup.