Dukan Diet Recipe: Dukan Microwave Bread Recipes
I know that some people have difficulty making the Dukan Galette or oatbran pancake, so Dukan Microwave bread can be a very welcome alternative way to eat your daily serving of oat bran.
There are quite a few variations of this recipe around, some of which are suitable for the Attack Phase and some of which are not, depending upon the ingredients used. It is mainly the cornflour/cornstarch that you need to look out for, as this is a tolerated item that is not allowed until you reach Cruise phase. It is also important to look at the amount of oat bran in the recipe and adjust the amount of bread you eat in order that you eat the correct amount of oat bran.
Both of the recipes I’ve given below are suitable for use in any phase of the Dukan Diet.
Microwave Dukan Bread – Version using Yeast
- 2 tablespoons of Oat bran (You are allowed up to 2 tablespoons of oat bran in the Attack and Cruise Phases but if you want to maximize the impact of the Attack phase it is better aiming for 1.5 tablespoons. You can have up to 3 tablespoons if you are suffering with constipation.)
- 1 tablespoon of Wheat bran (You are allowed one tablespoon of wheat bran on any day of any phase of the Dukan Diet. This is additional fiber in your diet is also a great help if you are prone to suffer with constipation.)
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 Egg whites
- 3 tablespoons of fat free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 pack of Yeast
- Beat the eggs in a microwavable bowl with the yogurt
- Add the oat and wheat bran and yeast and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to rise for around 30 minutes.
- Microwave on full power for between 3 and 5 minutes depending on the thickness of mixture. A mixture made in a shallower bowl will cook quicker than one made in a deeper bowl. You may need to experiment a little to get the timing right.
- When cooked remove from bowl and allow to cool.
- Slice in half and toast.
Microwave Dukan Bread – Version using Baking Powder
- 4 tablespoons of Oat Bran (This will usually be enough for two days)
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons of fat free Greek Yogurt
- 2 Whole Eggs
Handy Hint ~#1 – Do try various herbs seasonings to give your bread more interest.
Handy Hint ~#2 – You can also add a few sesame seeds or poppy seeds if you are in Cruise, as these are both tolerated items.