Dukan Diet Attack Phase Recipe: Turkey Meatloaf
It has been a while since I posted any recipes so I thought I’d put together a recipe post that was suitable for the Attack Phase. When I was checking the other recipes that I’d posted I was a little surprised that I’d not put any meatloaf recipes on the site.
The recipe given below is suitable as it is for PP days but you can add some finely diced vegetables to the mixture if you will be eating it on a PV day in the Cruise Phase. The great thing about this meatloaf recipe is that it uses the relatively inexpensive ground turkey (turkey mince) but it is also very versatile. You can make one large meatloaf or a lot of mini meatloafs. You can eat it hot or cold and it is a great food to pack up for your lunch. It is also another way that you can eat part of your daily serving of oat bran.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 16 oz ground Turkey (Turkey Mince)
- 4 tablespoons of Oat Bran
- 1 finely diced medium-sized Onion
- 2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Egg Whites
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste.
- Mix your paprika and cayenne pepper with the oat bran in a large bowl with a little salt and black pepper.
- Add the turkey and onion and mix well.
- Then add in the egg whites and balsamic vinegar and work this through the meat.
- You should be able to form the mixture without it coming apart. If the mixture is too wet you can add a little more oat bran or some wheat bran or if the mixture is too dry you could add a little fat free yogurt.
- Form your meatloaf on a non stick baking sheet or use a muffin tray to make mini meatloafs
- Place in a preheated oven at 350°F, 180°C or Gas Mark 4 for up to 45 minutes. The time needed will vary according to the shape and size of your meatloaf(s).