Dukan Diet Attack Phase – Recipes and Tips #3
Apart from the 72 high protein, low carb foods that you are allowed to eat in the Attack Phase you also have to think about what you are going to drink and my #3 recipe and #3 tip are both about drinks.
Just like oat bran, water is another key component of the Dukan Diet, as whilst following the Dukan Diet it is recommended that you drink two liters of water each day. You need water to help your body process the food that you eat and to eliminate waste through your kidneys. Drinking water will also stop you feeling hungry. Drinking this amount of water every day can be very expensive if you buy bottled water so my #3 Dukan Diet tip is “Keep one or two jugs of tap water in the refrigerator” and drink this instead. You also can use this water to fill a bottle or flask to take with you when you are out.
You are allowed to take your daily amounts of water in tea or coffee or herbal teas or infusions provided you only use sweeteners and skim or zero fat milk. However if you don’t over do it, it is also possible to indulge a passion for chocolate whilst on the Attack Phase with my #3 Dukan Diet Recipe Low Carb Creamy Hot Chocolate. Reduced fat, no sugar added, cocoa powder is a tolerated food so if you are in the Attack Phase and looking to maximise your weight loss in this initial period you might want to avoid this. The choice is yours. I find knowing that I can have something if I really want to means that often I can do without or with less!
Low Carb Creamy Hot Chocolate
- 1 mug of skim/zero fat milk
- 1 heaped teaspoon of reduced fat, no sugar added, cocoa powder
- 1 heaped tablespoon of fat free/skimmed milk powder
- Artificial sweetener to taste
- Place the cocoa powder and milk powder in a small bowl.
- Using a small amount of the milk mix to a smooth paste.
- Whisk in the rest of the milk.
- Microwave for 1 minute and then whisk in the sweetener.
- Microwave for a further minute.
- Whisk again and pour into mug to serve.