Dukan Diet Attack Phase Recipe:Winter Warming Eggnog
There are a lot of eggnog recipes which call for cream, whipped cream, chocolate curls and various amounts and types of alcoholic drinks. This recipe allows you to enjoy a lighter, healthier and less calorie laden version of the traditional winter holiday drink of eggnog which is alcohol free. You will of course need to account for the milk used as part of your daily 1kg allowance.
It will be important to incorporate these sorts of changes into your normal way of eating so that you can enjoy treats after you have reached your target weight. The Dukan Diet is not just a weight loss program it is a program which is designed for you to be able to follow for the rest of your life and maintain your target weight. Learning how to Dukanise Recipes and remove excessive and unnecessary calories from the food that you enjoy eating is a skill well worth trying to hone.
Winter Warming Eggnog (Serves 1)
- 225ml of skim/skimmed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons of Splenda or other sweetener of your choice
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- Nutmeg and cinnamon to taste
- In a microwaveable mug, heat milk on high for about 60 seconds.
- In a small bowl beat the egg yolk and Splenda until creamy.
- Slowly add the milk and stir well until combined.
- Add the vanilla essence and pour back into your mug.
- Top with a dusting of nutmeg and cinnamon.
Some Interesting Facts about Eggnog
The exact origins of the drink are unknown and there are several theories as to how the name came about. The egg part of the word really explains itself but the “nog” part may have come from the word “noggin” an old English word used to describe a wooden mug. Another suggestion is that the “nog” is a shorten version of the two words “and grog” so that “egg and grog” became shortened to “eggnog”. “Grog” is a term used to describe a drink made with rum.
Eggnog can be made with various alcoholic drinks including brandy, Madeira, sherry, bourbon, whisky, rum, Kahlua and vodka. Some recipes even call for a combination!