Dukan Diet Phase 1: 15 Key Points of Dukan Diet Attack Phase
Although I have written quite a few posts already about the Attack Phase I wanted to write one which summarized the key points of the first phase of the Dukan Diet in a format that will be easy to read and understand.
15 Key Points of the Dukan Diet Attack Phase
- Oat Bran - Eat 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran each day, preferably in one serving.
- Water - Drink a minimum of 1.5 liters/litres of water daily
- Exercise - Walk briskly or exercise for at least 20 minutes a day.
- Fat Free Dairy Products - Try to have less than 1 kg of fat free dairy products or 700g if using soy/soya “dairy” products.
- Permitted Proteins - Eat as widely as you can from the permitted list of 72 protein foods .
- Additional Extras - Make full use of the additional items which are allowed.
- Nothing Else - Do not eat anything which is not listed as a permitted protein or an allowed additional item
- Sodium - Try to keep your salt intake down to prevent water retention.
- Wheat Bran - Use the optional 1 tablespoon of wheat bran allowed each day to help avoid constipation.
- Meals - Eat three meals a day plus a mid morning and mid afternoon snack.
- No Missing Out Meals - Do not be tempted to skip meals.
- No Added Sugars or Starches - Ensure that the food that you are eating has no hidden sugars or starches
- Weigh In - Weigh yourself once a day first thing in the morning before breakfast but after going to the bathroom
- Vitamins - Take a daily general purpose multi-vitamin tablet
- No Extension - Do not be tempted to extend the Attack Phase beyond the recommended number of days.