Dukan Diet Cruise Phase Recipe: Turkey a la King
Here is a great way of using up leftover turkey with no tolerated ingredients so you can use your daily extras elsewhere! It does of course work equally well with leftover chicken so it is a recipe that can be used throughout the year. It is based on the Dukan Sauce Blanche (White Sauce) recipe.
Turkey a la King
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 250 ml of Skim/Skimmed Milk
- 250 ml of fat free Plain Yogurt
- 4 beaten Egg Yolks
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked chopped Turkey
- 1 small diced Red (Bell) Pepper
- 1 small diced Yellow (Bell) Pepper
- 1 large finely diced Onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (about 3 oz)
- 8 finely sliced Button Mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons of Rapeseed Oil
- A little sweetener, salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add the red and yellow (bell) peppers and mushrooms and chopped turkey continue to cook until soft and turkey is fully reheated
- At the same time make your white sauce in a double saucepan.
- Heat the milk until just warm.
- Pour a tablespoon of milk over the eggs and then tip the eggs into the saucepan with the milk and beat well.
- Add the yogurt and seasonings but don’t over do the sweetener.
- Finally add in the turkey and vegetables and serve immediately with Cauliflower Rice.
You might also like to try the recipe for Turkey Frittata as this can be used in the Attack Phase or on a PP day in Cruise. But instead of using raw ground/minced turkey you replace this with finely diced cooked turkey and make sure that it is fully heated through.
A couple of other ways of using up your leftover turkey would be to make a curry or to make a hearty turkey and vegetable soup.