Can I Have Milk in the Dukan Diet Attack Phase?
This question came to me via Google as a person typed this question in Google and ended up on my site. Hopefully they found the information they were looking for. It was the various questions that I found in the Google Analytics data that made me think that visitors to the site might find FAQ posts on Dukan Diet useful.
The answer to the question, can I have milk in the Dukan Diet Attack Phase is yes provided that it skim milk. Skim milk is also known as zero fat or skimmed milk.
Milk is an excellent source of protein, calcium and various vitamins and minerals and skim milk should be an integral part of all dieters’ daily menu. Just one glass of this super food contains:
- 30% of your daily requirement of calcium which you need to build and maintain your bones.
- 25% of the Vitamin D needed by your body to help it absorb various minerals such as calcium.
- 24% of your Riboflavin needs. Riboflavin helps you to use your food to create energy.
- 20% of the daily quantity of Phosphorous needed to strengthen your bones and generate energy in your body cells.
- 16% of your body’s Protein needs in two different forms, whey and casein.
- 13% of the daily requirements of Vitamin B-12. This vitamin helps build the red blood cells that carry oxygen around your body.
- 11% of the daily amount of Potassium required. Potassium helps your body maintain normal blood pressure.
- 10% of the Niacin needed which helps you metabolise fatty acids and sugars.
- 10% of the daily needs of Vitamin A which helps to maintain healthy eyes and skin.
The reason that skim milk is the slimmer’s friend is that it contains almost the same nutritional value as whole milk without the fat content. This also makes it suitable for anyone who is watching their cholesterol.