Dukan Diet Cruise Phase Recipe: All Day Breakfast Frittata
Frittatas are a very versatile meal which can be enjoyed at anytime but I’ve called this one the All Day Breakfast Frittata because it uses mushrooms and tomatoes as well as the eggs and these are ingredients that I associate with breakfast or brunch. There is of course no reason why you couldn’t eat this frittata at anytime of day on a PV day of course!! As there is no meat this recipe is also suitable for vegetarians.
The great thing about this frittata is that you can easily add to the meal for anyone not “doing the Dukan” by the addition of a couple of slices of bacon and/or toast.
All Day Breakfast Frittata
Ingredients (serves two)
- 1/2 diced medium Onion
- 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Stock
- 1 cup thinly sliced Mushrooms
- 1 medium Tomato de-seeded and diced
- 6 Eggs (or eggs and egg whites as desired)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Dry fry the onion on a medium heat in a little stock if necessary until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and a little more stock and continue cooking for three or four minutes.
- Add the remaining stock and tomato .
- In a bowl beat the eggs and then add the chives and season to taste.
- Pour over the vegetables and turn down the heat to low.
- Cover and continue cooking until firm.
- Cut into quarters and serve.