Dukan Diet Attack Phase Recipe:Zesty Lemon Dukan Pancakes
This is another recipe that I’ve been able to share with you all due to the generosity of another visitor to my site, Mrsj2008.
The recipe does use lemon juice and some lemon zest and it is important to remember that you can use lemon juice to cook with, but you that you are not supposed to have any lemon flesh or lemon juice by itself even without any added sugar. This is
“because although sour, lemons are still a source of sugar and are therefore incompatible with the programme’s first two phases, the Attack and Cruise phases.”
Q: Hi, I managed to sort out the pancakes eventually. I just wondered if I can have them with Splenda and lemon juice ?A : That’s great! Yes you can have it with some Splenda and a very little drop of lemon as a seasoning. Bon appetit!
Lemons are however a very nutritious fruit and just by adding some zest and a little lemon juice, we must be providing ourselves with some health benefits as well as providing ourselves with a different taste experience. This is because lemons are high in vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and also contain various phytochemicals, as well as many other minerals and vitamins. These nutrients make lemons antioxidant and anti-inflammatory and a great booster for our immune system.
Mrsj2008’s Zesty Lemon Dukan Pancakes
- 1 tablespoon of Oat Bran
- 2 tablespoons of Splenda
- 4 tablespoons of fat free plain Yogurt or Fromage Frais
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg White
- Zest and juice of half a Lemon
- Beat the egg and egg white together in a bowl
- Add the oat bran, Splenda, yogurt or fromage frais, lemon zest and juice and mix well.
- Add a few drops of oil to a non-stick frying pan and wipe with a paper kitchen towel.
- Add some of the mixture to the pan and cook on a medium heat until bubbles have formed on top of the pancake.
- Turn the pancake and continue to cook until nicely browned.
- Repeat until the mixture has been used.