Dukan Diet Cruise Phase Recipe: Balsamic Chicken and Peppers
I like this recipe because it uses bell peppers which are good for us to eat. I’ve used red and orange ones for this recipe because I like their sunny colors but you can use whatever colors you can find, although green peppers are more tart. The nutritional content of the peppers does vary according to their color but all bell peppers are high in fiber and contain very useful amounts of Vitamins A, C and B6.
Balsamic Chicken with Peppers
Ingredients (Two servings)
- 2 large Chicken Breasts (with skin on)
- 2 large Orange Bell Peppers
- 2 large Red Bell Peppers
- 1 large sweet Red Onion
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 4 sprigs of Rosemary
- 1 cup of Chicken Stock
- 3 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a dish that can go from stove top to oven, gently brown both chicken breasts in a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- While the chicken is browning, slice the peppers and onion and finely chop the garlic.
- When the chicken breasts have been browned on both sides for 5 minutes each side remove them from the dish and put to one side, after removing and discarding the skin.
- Fry the garlic and onions in the residue left in the dish, adding a little stock if needed for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the sliced peppers, stock and balsamic vinegar and stir to coat.
- Add the chicken breasts and cover them with the onions and peppers.
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and place the sprigs of rosemary on the top.
- Cover loosely with foil and place in a preheated oven at 375°F, 190°C or Gas mark 5 for about 35 minutes. The chicken needs to be fully cooked and your peppers soft.
- About halfway through cooking gently stir the ingredients, adding a little more stock if needed.